Thanks to all for the replies. I checked with luke and documents with
different index time boosting (not much different) has same fieldNorm. I
think that is causing the search hits to have same score.
As Andrzej suggested i checked the rounding error caused by encoding. The
result really surprises me.
like 7.9 rounding to 7.0, 8.0 rounding to 8.0 and even 9.4 rounding to 8.0
etc..

Prabin