Hi,

I often get a FileNotFoundException when my single IndexWriter commits while
the IndexReader also tries to read. My application is multithreaded (Tomcat
uses the business APIs); I firstly thought the read/write access was
thread-safe but I probably forget something.

 Please help me to understand my mistakes:

- When should I close the IndexWriter ? Each time I add/update a document or
never ?
- Should my java commit/read methods be synchronized ?
- Should I lock the directory and what's the best way to do it ?

I referred to the Lucene FAQ ("why do I sometimes get a FileNotFoundException
when I search and update my index at the same time?") but I did not disable any
locking for processes searching or updating the index.

I use lucene-2.4.1.

Thanks in advance,
Tom