Ian Lea wrote:
Sounds like a job for near realtime search aka NRT.

Take a look at IndexWriter.getReader().

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/NearRealtimeSearch
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/04/10/real-time-search-with-lucene/

And more with the help of your favourite search engine.

--
Ian.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Hayri <volkana...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I want to search an index and at the same time continue to my indexing.
ParallelReader doesn't solve my problem.
It is obvious that I am not searching multiple indexes at the same time. How
can I build a document based lock, more over
I don't want to open and close and index every time while writing. Merging
new index with the old one seems really time
consuming and also I want to search the new index.

Is it possible? Please give hints...

Hi Thanks,

I have another related question. I want to decide whether I can index the document, so basically when a new document comes I need to make a search in a specific field in index. The problem is I don't need to create a IndexSearcher to search for every document to find if it indexed or not. I can gather and index the documents to RAM for example. But after certain # of documents ?? I have to decide to merge the index except the documents that are already in file index (for specific fields like unique).