Since you already have RMI interface, maybe you can parallel search on several nodes, collect the data, pick top ones, and send back results via RMI.

--
Chris Lu

Ganesh wrote:
Our indexes is growing and the sorted cache is taking huge amount of RAM. We want to add multiple nodes, and scale out the search. Currently my applaication supports RMI interface and it return appliaction specific result set objects as hits. I could host multiple search instance in different nodes, then i may need to sort / combine the results.
Any thoughts on scaling / clustering? Whether i need to use Hadoop / Carrot
etc...

Regards
Ganesh