The simple fix for that is to wrap the subQuery using: new
ConstantScoreQuery(new QueryWrapperFilter(query)) - after that its score is
constant and the ValueSource only scores.

I recommend to use NumericField for indexing this boost (no storing needed,
only indexing, precisionStep=Integer.MAX_VALUE). Else (if using standard Field)
the boost field does not need to be "stored", it must be indexed as
NOT_ANALYZED.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen