> I tried the WhitespaceAnalyzer and liked the way the comma (among other
> punctuation) was preserved.  I'm running tests with that right now.
> Unfortunately, if I want to look for "groupC" I have to append the comma
> which won't make sense to a user.  Also the query choice:"groupC, night"
> didn't give me a hit.  Does the WhitespaceAnalyzer split on whitespaces
> in phrases?

The reason I used Whitespace Analyzer was so I could match full names like
"Max Lynch".  With StandardAnalyzer this would match: "Max. Lynch" which
wasn't acceptable.  Of course, as I am pretty inexperienced with Lucene, I
could be doing something really convoluted by querying for "Max Lynch.",
"Max Lynch,", "Max Lynch:", etc., but I couldn't find a way to both 1) not
match when punctuation separated parts of my phrase and 2) Match against
punctuation at the end of the phrase, without using WhitespaceAnalyzer and
explicitly adding the various punctuations at the end.

I really hope there is a better way of doing this as I'm sure it would
improve the performance of my queries (users don't search themselves, this
is all automated script stuff).