i think you should check the index first.using the lukeall to see if there is the duplicate books.

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 20:43:26 +0800, ani...@ekkitab <ani...@ekkitab.com> wrote:

Hi there, Could someone help me with the usage of DuplicateFilters. Here is
my problem

I have created a search index on book Id , title ,and author from a database
of books which fall under various categories. Some books fall under more
than one category. Now, when i issue a search, I get back 'X' books matching the search criteria, some of which are repeated, because that books are in
different documents and its the expected behaviour.

I use the TopFieldDocCollector . getTotalHits() to get the total count. But this includes the repeats as mentioned above. This count is not the actual count, Hence when I issue a search on title or author i want to get a unique
count / list of books. How do I use DuplicateFilter to acheive this.

Please help

Regards
Anish