Hi, I'm using a custom analyser based on standardanalyser with good results to search artists (i.e rolling stones/beatles) but it fails to match some weird artists names such as '!!!', this is not suprising because the analyser ignores punctuation which is what I want it to normally. I just wonder the best way to deal with these special cases.

My first idea was to use a version of CharFilter (PatternReplaceCharFilter) to replace certain patterns such as '!!!' to 'ApostropheApostropheApostophe' so they would remain intact , but I'm worried about the overhead of doing this, is there something else I should be doing.

thanks Paul