Not sure what you mean by "joining" in lucene , since conceptually
there is only 1 table ( with many field aka columns ) in lucene. A
representative query would be good to know the use case.

Again didn't get the "sorting" part.  SUM() will return only 1
aggregated value, so what do you want to sort it on ?

-Prasen