Hi Shai,

On 4/13/2010 1:41 AM, Shai Erera wrote:
Hi

WhitespaceAnalyzer definitely has a Version dependent ctor. What
Lucene version do you use?

You van use LUCENE_CURRENT but be aware that of a certain Analyzer's
behavior has changed in a way that affects your app, you'll need to
reindex your data. Usually an Analyzer (or any other Version-aware
object) documents the differences between the versions. Some classes
take Version as a placeholder for future changes, while not doing
anything special w/ them st the moment.

It is best, I think, if you stick w/ a specific version (like
LUCENE_30) and change that before you plan to reindex your data.
Otherwise, if you always reindex your stuff when upgrading Lucene,
then LUCENE_CURRENT is probably good.

Note also that some changes between versions may result on you
updating your users (manual) about what to expext from searches.
Thanks for your comments. Can you please explain more about why the user might get something from searches that they are not expecting?
Hope this helps,
Shai