Hi all,

I have an index task which will index thousands of records with lucene 3.0.1.
My confusion is lucene will always create a .cfx and a .cfs file in the file
system, sometimes more, while I thought it should create a single .cfs file if
I optimize the index data. Is it by design? If yes, is there any
way/configuration I can do to merge all of the index files into a singe one?

By the way, I have a logic to validate the index data, if the size of .cfs
increases dramatically comparing to the file generated last time, there may be
something wrong, a warning message will be threw. This is the reason that I
want to generate a single .cfs file. Any other suggestion about the index
validation?

Any body can give me a hand?

Thanks in advance.

Garry