Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help.

I've been building lucene index to a MS Windows Server 2003 test
environment with no problem. When attempting to build the same index
onto a Windows Server 2008 machine I get the following error:

Cannot create directory: \\whatever\index
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.NativeFSLockFactory.acquireTestLock(NativeFSLockFactory.java:75)
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.NativeFSLockFactory.makeLock(NativeFSLockFactory.java:142)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.Directory.makeLock(Directory.java:146)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:1108)
        at qp.builder.LibraryBuilder.buildNewLibrary(LibraryBuilder.java:167)

I found some info via google where people were having a similar issue
now and then, but this is always. Anyone had a similar issue?

Thanks,

Spencer