Hello Daniel & Luan

1. Carrot is not required for your purpose. Carrot helps to
consolidate the results from multiple search results.

2. You need to add a category to the pages at the index time and
filter out the results during search time. If you want to use Lucene,
then you could store the category information in a separate DB or XML
and filter out the search results. If you want an automatic system to
display the category data then you could consider using Solr. You
could checkout our website, we have used Solr to display the category
/ tagged field data.

Regards
Aditya
www,findbestopensource.com