Bill Janssen <jans...@parc.com> wrote:

> ...is there any attribute or static
> method somewhere in Lucene which will return a value of
> org.apache.lucene.util.Version that corresponds to the version of the
> code?  That's what I'm looking for.  Version.LUCENE_CURRENT looks good,
> but it's deprecated.

And, given that the sole purpose of this Version frob is to support the
use of indices that were created with a different version of Lucene, it
would be a very good thing to have methods on IndexSearcher,
IndexReader, and IndexWriter (or perhaps simply on Directory?) which
would allow a program to figure out what Version is appropriate for that

Bill