Hi Group,

I understand that the process of updating a document in lucene index is to
delete the document and add it again. But I do not want to delete the
document.

I was thinking of a approach where I can create a new index with only the
fields I want to update. And then may be I can some how merge these two
indexes. I

I read about multiple searcher but that applies where you have two index
containing different documents. I think parallel reader might help me here
but was unable to understand clearly as I am very new to lucene.

What do you think my approach should be?

Nilesh