Hey Grant,

Fair point on the next(). In this case I'm iterating through the terms returned
from a PrefixTermEnum so I know they're in the index.

The analyser I'm using looks like this:

public class TypeSavingAnalyzer extends StandardAnalyzer {

    public TypeSavingAnalyzer(Version version) {
        super(version);
    }

    @Override
        TokenStream result = super.tokenStream(fieldName, reader);
        return new TypeAsPayloadTokenFilter(result);

I'm creating the field with Field.TermVector.WITH_POSITIONS and see the little
"p" indicator in luke however see no indication of a payload (though am not
100% sure where to look) being present and I still get false from
isPayloadAvailable.

Basically what I'm trying to do is store in the payload some meta data so I
know what type the term is as at the moment when I get a list of terms back
from the reader some are numeric.  It seems NumericField doesn't allow payloads
so it seems like I may have to find an alternative method.  Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Derek