On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Yakob <jacob...@opensuse-id.org> wrote:
> can you give me an example of how to populate the topics file and
> qrels file other than those on the LIA2 sample code? I still don't
> understand of how these 2 files text work anyway. :-)
>
> let me get this straight. I need to fill topics file with any query
> that I want and qrels file with judgement. but what is the meaning of
> judgement in this case?

you fill the topics files with list of queries, like the lia2 example
that has a single query for "apache source":

<top>
<num> Number: 0
<title> apache source
<desc> Description:
<narr> Narrative:
</top>

then you populate the qrels file with the "answers" for your document
collection:

#       qnum   0   doc-name     is-relevant

0        0       apache1.0.txt           1
0        0       apache1.1.txt           1
0        0       apache2.0.txt           1

this says that these 3 documents are relevant results for the query
"apache source"