Unfortunately, you can't easily recover from this (except by
reindexing your docs again).

Failing to call IW.commit() or IW.close() means no segments file was written...

It is theoretically possible to reconstruct a segments file by
"listing" all files and figuring out which segments there are,
deriving the right metadata for them, etc., but I don't think anyone
has actually built this yet.

Mike

http://blog.mikemccandless.com