Hi,

No, the problem is easy: To sort against a field you have to index it. The
field is only stored. Later versions of Lucene will complain, if the field
is not indexed (as far as I remember, there was a commit about this). But
currently it is sorting against nothing, so it will do the default order.

Data types are correct from your code!

Please note: If you want to use the field *only* for sorting, but no numeric
range queries, then use Integer.MAX_VALUE as precisionStep, else you index
unneeded terms and bloat your index (see JavaDocs for explanation).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen