Hi,

I need to collect some diagnostic info from customer sites, so I would like
to get info on the status of lucene indexes...but I don't want the process
of collecting to take very long.

So I am considering Checkindex. I tested in a small index (60k docs) and it
took 12 seconds. A site usually has up to 100 indexes (indexes have 6
fields) so running it for every index like this is unfeasible.

Is there a way to make is faster (even if it verifies less things?). Is the
time Checkindex will take proportional to number of docs? I am on Lucene 3.1

thanks