Hi Ranjit,

I suspect the problem is not QueryParser, since the <TERM> definition includes
the '#' character (from
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/tags/lucene_3_0_3/src/java/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/QueryParser.jj?view=markup#l1136>):

        | <#_TERM_START_CHAR: ( ~[ " ", "\t", "\n", "\r", "\u3000", "+", "-",
                                 "!", "(", ")", ":", "^", "[", "]", "\"",
                             | <_ESCAPED_CHAR> ) >
        | <#_TERM_CHAR: ( <_TERM_START_CHAR> | <_ESCAPED_CHAR> | "-" | "+" ) >
        | <TERM: <_TERM_START_CHAR> (<_TERM_CHAR>)* >

Are you sure that your custom JFlex Analyzer is not being given 'C#' and then
stripping off the '#'?

You could work around this issue by pre-processing your query (and your
documents) to replace C# with csharp or something like it that would not be
broken up.

Steve