Hi Paul,

What did you find about Luke that's buggy?  Bug reports are very useful; please
contribute in this way.

The official Lucene 3.0.3 distribution jars were compiled using the -g cmdline
argument to javac - by default, though, only line number and source file
information is generated.  If you want local variable information too, you
could download the source and make your own debug-enabled jar(s), right?:

0. Install Ant 1.7.1: <http://archive.apache.org/dist/ant/binaries/>

1. svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/tags/lucene_3_0_3

2. Add 'debuglevel="lines,source,vars"' to the "compile" <macrodef> in
common-build.xml
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/tags/lucene_3_0_3/common-build.xml?revision=1040994&view=markup#l536>
 in the <javac> task invocation, e.g.:

545:    <javac
546:      encoding="${build.encoding}"
547:      srcdir="@{srcdir}"
548:      destdir="@{destdir}"
549:      deprecation="${javac.deprecation}"
550:      debug="${javac.debug}"
Add --> debuglevel="lines,source,vars"

3. run "ant clean jar" from the command line.  The Lucene core jar will be in
the build/ directory.  (If you need one of the contrib jars, run "ant package"
instead.)

Steve