Hi Ivan,

You do have rights to submit fixes to Lucene - everyone does!

Here's how: http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowToContribute

Please create a patch, create an issue in JIRA, and then attach the patch to
the JIRA issue.  When you do this, you are asked to state that you grant
license to your work; this is very important for Apache software projects.  All
JIRA issue creation and modification events are automatically posted to the
d...@lucene.apache.org mailing list, so all Lucene developers will see your
work.

Thanks,
Steve