Hi,

The reason is that some scorers passed into setScorer are "fake" scorers
that only implement the "score()" method (depends on the type of
BooleanQuery scorer used for result collection and if the scorer actively
collects the results (happens of top-level-queries).
In general to early exit collection the easiest is to throw a
RuntimeException subclass (this is what TimeLimitingCollector does, see java
file in Lucene source code).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler