---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: V R <v.shinings...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 6:51 PM
Subject: please help me
To: java-user-i...@lucene.apache.org

Dear all
I'm a beginner and I need to calculate Precision and recall. I do it by
Lucene and java.
I found code for caculating Precision and Recall in lucene, but unfortunatly
when I run this, program dosent know some import classes, I think I should
add something to program which is in sourcefile packege which I download
from http://www.manning.com/hatcher3/ (the source code size is 61MB) I think
it should be a java library package. I sent program running and some of
unknown classes are shown in picture. (problem in attached file) and program
code (code in attached files). I thought I shoud do s.th like (rightclick on
src and add external libraray! )but the file I downloaded (source code) is
consist of alot of sub folders and.. so I confused!!
can you have a look to them, I'm sure you know how can I deal with them,
package lia.benchmark;
import java.io.File;
import java.io.PrintWriter;
import java.io.BufferedReader;
import java.io.FileReader;
import org.apache.lucene.index.*;
import org.apache.lucene.search.*;
import org.apache.lucene.store.*;
import org.apache.lucene.benchmark.quality.*;
import org.apache.lucene.benchmark.quality.utils.*;
import org.apache.lucene.benchmark.quality.trec.*;
 // From appendix C

 /* This code was extracted from the Lucene

    contrib/benchmark sources */

public class PrecisionRecall {
public static void main(String[] args) throws Throwable {

File topicsFile = new File("C:/lia2e/src/lia/benchmark/topics.txt");

File qrelsFile = new File("C:/lia2e/src/lia/benchmark/qrels.txt");

Directory dir = FSDirectory.open(new File("C:/myindex"));

Searcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(dir, true);

String docNameField = "filename";

PrintWriter logger = new PrintWriter(System.out, true);

TrecTopicsReader qReader = new TrecTopicsReader();   //#1

QualityQuery qqs[] = qReader.readQueries(            //#1

 new BufferedReader(new FileReader(topicsFile))); //#1
Judge judge = new TrecJudge(new BufferedReader(      //#2

new FileReader(qrelsFile)));                     //#2

 judge.validateData(qqs, logger);                     //#3

QualityQueryParser qqParser = new SimpleQQParser("title", "contents");  //#4

QualityBenchmark qrun = new QualityBenchmark(qqs, qqParser, searcher,
docNameField);

SubmissionReport submitLog = null;

 QualityStats stats[] = qrun.execute(judge,           //#5

submitLog, logger);

QualityStats avg = QualityStats.average(stats);      //#6

avg.log("SUMMARY",2,logger, "  ");

dir.close();

 /*

69 #1 Read TREC topics as QualityQuery[]

70 #2 Create Judge from TREC Qrel file

71 #3 Verify query and Judge match

72 #4 Create parser to translate queries into Lucene queries

73 #5 Run benchmark

74 #6 Print precision and recall measures

75 */