Hi,

I know that we need to delete/index a document in order to update any part of
it,
but recently we need to index a field which changes rather frequently so that
each
time reindexing whole document would be inpractical for performance reason.

This field is a small integer so I may just treat it as string, which means one
term.
I am considering changing lucene code so that in inverted index file only change
this term to one doc mapping relation, could you give me some high level comment
if this is sth we should not do (I know lucene code to some extent, but I am
afraid
of missing a bigger picture)?

Thanks very much for your guidance,

Lisheng