On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Simon Willnauer
<simon.willna...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 5:08 AM, prasenjit mukherjee
> <prasen....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thats exactly I was trying to avoid :(
>>
>> I can afford to do that during indexing time, but it will be
>> time-consuming to do that at search time.
>
> hu? I don't understand, if you provide the terms at indexing time
> lucene keeps track of the term frequency etc. why would you want to do
> this at search time?

During search time I get the following input ( only for 1 field ) =
"solr:3 rocks:2 apache:1" . For this I have to create the lucene query
in the following way :  'solr solr solr rocks rocks apache'  This
approach becomes cumbersome with large value of  frequencies.

Is there a better approach than this ?