Using a static string is fine - it just wasn't clear from your
original post what it was.

I usually use a full path read from a properties file so that I can
change it without a recompile, have different settings on
test/live/whatever systems, etc.  Works for me, but isn't the only way
to do it.

If you know where your app lives, you could use a full path pointing
to somewhere within that tree, or you could use a partial path that
the app server will interpret relative to something.  Which is fine
too - take your pick of whatever works for you.

--
Ian.