From: KARTHIK SHIVAKUMAR [mailto:nskarthi...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wed 2/1/2012 7:04 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: lucene-3.0.3

Hi

>>lucene-3.0.3 can be used for searching a text from

Lucene 's primary job is to do a text search.

May it be PDF/HTML/XML/MSword/PPT/XLS

U have to have the code for plugin to do 2 things

1) Strip text from either of the Documents (PDF/HTML/XML/MSword/PPT/XLS)
2) Index this processed text using Lucene

The indexed process can be later used for Searching thru the required
content.

;)
with regards
karthik