There is an IndexdocValue(renamed docvalues) in Lucene 4 which maps ids to
a value and has different characteristics that the inverted index.

If someone could answer my question as well ,
it entails using a k-v database for having personalized ranking(see
the previous
mail<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-user/201205.mbox/browser>
).
 I wish there was a way to provide an indexdocvalue
store with an external database, (for the cases that the values change per
user accessing the search engine).