I imagine this is a question that comes up from time to time, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer anywhere, so...

I'm wondering whether there is some type of Lucene query that filters by term frequency. For example, suppose I want to find all documents that have exactly 2 occurrences of some word. I know that the frequency is stored and used in scoring , but I don't think it is exposed in a simple way at the query level. It looks to me as if CustomScoreQuery might be a convenient way to monkey with scores? But it doesn't seem to use that for filtering, just sorting. Perhaps a Collector could then impose a score threshold later? Any suggestions here?

-Mike