Do we have any plan to decouple the index process?

Lucene was design for search, but according the question people ask in the
thread it beyonds search functionality sometimes. Like we might want to
customize our scoring function based on payload. Sometimes i dont need to
store TF/IDF information. We can pre-calculate features and store into the
system. But i still need to store the extra TF/IDF information. And
sometimes, i think we want to load the whole postings into memory to speed
up the performance. In that case, we really want to customize the
functionality/process of Inverted index. The main problem is, the
implementation is highly coupled with the index chain. It's not easy to
re-write a new one. Do we have plan to make the index chain change more
easier?

Flexible index chain logic, flexible codecs format.

Thanks,