I don't think there is a migration guide from 2.X to 3.X, other than the
specific information in the release notes.

If you start reading CHANGES.txt at version 3.0.0, and then each later
release's notes after that, especially the sections "Changes in backwards
compatibility policy", e.g. for 3.0.0:
<http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0/changes/Changes.html#3.0.0.changes_in_backwards_compatibility_policy>,
 and "API Changes", you'll get a good picture of the changes you need to make
to your code.