Please ignore this, I was using two different indexes, one of which did not have TermVectors.YES set,

apologies,

Peter

On 03/12/2013 05:49 PM, Peter Lavin wrote:

Hi all, I'm looking to create a TermFreqVector as follows

TermFreqVector[] tfvs = null;
try {
tfvs = indxRead.getTermFreqVectors(docId);
} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

However, the object tfvs is returning null.

I've debugged it to a class called CloseableThreadLocal to this method...

public T get() {
WeakReference<T> weakRef = t.get();
if (weakRef == null) {
T iv = initialValue();
if (iv != null) {
set(iv);
return iv;
} else
return null;
} else {
return weakRef.get();

where weakRef is returning null.

Can anyone shed some light on why this would be happening?

I'm using the code in a webservice container

Peter

with best regards,
Peter Lavin,
PhD Candidate,
CAG - Computer Architecture & Grid Research Group,
Lloyd Institute, 005,
Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
+353 1 8961536