Hi, Again, I will ask a Long-Time question, It has been asked for many time,
but I googled a lot , but no good solution:

I asked one time before, but I think the answer is not very well, SO:

The scenario:

I indexed 5000000 documents, Of course it can be more 10000000/20000000/.......

each document has a timestamp identify the time which it is indexed, I want
search the documents using sort, the sort field
is the timestamp, of course search(query, filter,20), this is very fast.

but when you do paging, for example in a web app , the user want to go to the
last 49999980-5000000, well, it is slowly...

I roughly saw the lucene src, when do sort, it use FieldCache, but I wondered
how I can do to improve performace?

Please do not say that search 49999990 is not reasonable, when you use goolge
or other search engine, of course you will not go to 49999990

but the senario is:
         I have a large number of Log4J logs, and I want to index them and
present them using web ui.

the entry format like this:

timestamp field1 field2 field3

I only want to osrt by timestamp ,can anyone give a hint?

I thought a way , Well , MySQL support partition, We often partition by date,
so I want to partition by time, Eg. 1 hour one index to reduce search

count, but the question is : if in a hour It has 5000000 log (generated by
log4J trace log) , it is still very slow.
Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any
accompanying attachment(s)
is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential
and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of
this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing,
disclosure or copying
is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.If you have received this
communication in error,please
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message
and all copies from
your system. Thank you.