Hoss,

I did in two ways.  The first is the 1) in your list,  q=date:*  match
q=*:*.

And all fields are stored in the index.  I got a doc id (say 3315), do
q=id:3315, the output contain the datefield and value.

Anyway, I am 100% sure every doc has a date field and value indexed and
stored there.  It's just I can't read the value from some documents.

Ming-