I use Lucene/MemoryIndex for a large number of queries against data in a
streaming system. I'm looking to upgrade from v3.5 to 4.x, but it seems that
using MemoryIndex is roughly 25% slower based on a benchmark I built using
our internal queries and a sample of 1000 documents to run against. I
haven't seen any benchmarks in the mailing list or anyone talking about a
slowdown and am wondering if the classes used in 3.x are contributing to
what I see. Are there any known classes that should not be used with Lucene
4.x? Perhaps a different QueryParser to make more efficient queries to run
against the MemoryIndex, or Analyzers that shouldn't be used?

 If the MemoryIndex *is* slower now, would moving to a RAMDirectory and
batching queries be a better choice? I've been using MemoryIndex based on
the javadoc description for some time, but need to see better performance
before moving up to 4.x.

Thanks,

 Chris