Sent: Friday, July 19, 2013 12:07 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Searching for words begining with "or"

When I make my query, everything goes well until I add the last part :
(city:or* OR state:or*).
I tried the first solution that was given to me but putting \OR and \AND
doesn't seem to be the solution. The query is actually well built, he has no
problem with OR or \OR to parse the query since the query looks like that :
+(+(areaType:city areaType:neighborhood areaType:county)
+areaName:portland*) +(city:or* state:or*).
It seems to me as a valid query. It's just that he can't seem to find the
'OR' *in* the index... it's like they don't exist. And I know this because
if I retrieve the last dysfunctional part of the query, he finds (among
others) the right document, with the state written in it... It's like he
can't 'see' the 'or' in the index...

As for the upper/lower case, I am using a standard Analyzer to index and to
search and I feed him with the states in upper case and he doesn't seem to
change it. Still, I tried to put them in lower case but it didn't change
anything...

Thanks in advance for your future answers and for the help you already
provided me with.