If I've understood your question correctly, the answer is yes.
Assuming the input data is coming from another file the flow will be
along the lines of

.  Open input file for reading
.  Open output file for writing
.  Open (or create) lucene index

.  For each input record
-   write to output file
-   add to lucene

Then at the end close the files and the index and you're done.

--
Ian.