Thanks Mike.

If you look at my impl, I am using the getCoreCacheKey() only, but keyed
on a ReaderClosedListener and purging it onClose(). When NRT does reopens,
will it invoke the onClose() method for the expired-reader?. I saw that
FieldCacheImpl is using a CoreClosedListener, whereas I am using a
ReaderClosedListener. What is the difference between these two?

I will surely look at the FBS replacement you have pointed out. BTW, this
method actually runs during opening of an index for the first-time. May be
for clarity and organisation, I will refactor this code as you have
suggested