Hi Ramprakash,

the query parser cannot handle that out of the box. Applying such filters or
special Queries like SpanQueries can only be applied in Java code. In general
you should always create-machine generated queries not by doing string concats
and then calling the queryparser, instead build the query tree using the
constructors of various queries and filter classes.

If you really need support inside a queryparser that parses strings, you have
to write your own one or modify the existing queryparser to detect the syntax
and apply the filters.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler