Hello Benson,

The sources for the .dat files are available from

        https://mecab.googlecode.com/files/mecab-ipadic-2.7.0-20070801.tar.gz

http://atilika.com/releases/mecab-ipadic/mecab-ipadic-2.7.0-20070801.tar.gz

and a range of other places.

I’m not sure I follow what you’re saying regarding unk.def -- it’s to my
knowledge used as-is from the above sources when the binary .dat files are
made.  (See lucene/analysis/kuromoji/src/tools in the Lucene code tree.)

Perhaps I’m missing something.  Could you clarify how you think things should
be done?

Many thanks,

Christian Moen
アティリカ株式会社