Thanks Tri. I've tried a variation of the approach you suggested here and it appears to work well. Just one question. Will there be a problem with adding multiple Document objects to the IndexWriter that have the same field names and values for the StoredFields ? They all have different TextFields (the content). I've tried doing this and haven't found any problems with it, but I'm just wondering if there's anything I should be aware of.

Regards,
John