Hello Shai and Mike,

thank you for your answers!

I created LUCENE-5597 for this feature. Unfortunately, I am not sure I will be able to provide patches: I don't need this feature at the moment (my interest was more academic) and unfortunately don't have the time to work on this.

Additionally, I created LUCENE-5599, which provides a patch to fix a small performance issue I had with the replicator when replicating large indexes.

Regards,
Christoph Kaser