Greetings

I am using Lucene NRT search. After calling writer.updateDocument(term, doc) and then search(), the document is no longer visible in the search results. The program must be restarted to see it again. In addition, the update is not being applied. The original document (before the update) is visible in the search results. If updateDocument(term,doc) is called, passing the original doc (without any changes), the doc is still removed from the index (i.e. the change is not the cause). On each search I am calling indexReader = DirectoryReader.open(writer, true); We have tried to call commit() and/or close() immediately after the update, but it makes no difference.

This occurs both in Lucene 4.7.2 and 4.8. As far as we know, our code used to work with prior versions of Lucene. Has anyone encountered this?

Regards

Jamie