Hi Teko,
sure - I use Lucene though elasticsearch, but I suppose that doesnt make a
difference in this situation. I needed something like what you were trying
to accomplish - basically to search any substring... wildcarded queries
worked but were kind of slow.

This is my analyzer that works for me perfectly:
"settings" : {
    "analysis" : {
      "analyzer" : {
        "default" : {
          "type" : "custom",
          "filter" : ["icu_folding"],
    "tokenizer" : "nGram"
        }
      },
      "tokenizer": {
      "nGram" : {
    "type" : "nGram",
    "min_gram" : 2,
    "max_gram" : 20,
    "token_chars" : ["letter", "digit", "punctuation", "symbol"]
    },

it basically indexes any substrings made of letters, digits, punctuation
and symbols of length 2..20.

but if that previous solution works for you, that's good :)