Hi Johan,

How you want to search, What is your search requirement and according to
that you need to index. You could check duckduckgo or github code search.

The easiest approach would be to have a parser which will read each source
file and indexes as a single document. When you search, you will have a
single search field which will search the index and retrieves the result.
The search field accepts any text in the source file. It could be function
name, class name, comments or variables etc.

Another approach is to have different search fields for Functions, Classes,
Package etc.  You need to parse the file, identify comments, function name,
class name etc and index it in a separate field.

Regards
Aditya
www.findbestopensource.com