Hi Shai,

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> We removed the userguide long time ago, and replaced it with better
> documentation on the classes and package.html, as well as demo code that
> you can find here:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/lucene_solr_4_8/lucene/demo/src/java/org/apache/lucene/demo/facet/

Great, this is very useful!

> You can also look up some blog posts that I wrote a while ago on facets,
> that explain how they work and some internals, even though the code
> examples are not up-to-date w/ latest API changes:
>
> http://shaierera.blogspot.com/2012/11/lucene-facets-part-1.html
> http://shaierera.blogspot.com/2012/11/lucene-facets-part-2.html
> http://shaierera.blogspot.com/2012/12/lucene-facets-under-hood.html
> http://shaierera.blogspot.com/2013/01/facet-associations.html

Yes, I started exactly from here :)
I read these posts yesterday and I found them very useful to understand the
basics.
But today, when I tried to write some experiments using lucene 4.8.1, I
couldn't find some of the classes used by the code examples.

Thank you for your response and the useful link to the demo package.

Bye
*Raf*