Toke

Thanks for the tip. Sadly, we are only requesting a set page size worth of documents at a time.

if (startIdx==0) {
topDocs = indexSearcher.search(query,queryFilter,searchResult.getPageSize(), sort);
} else {
topDocs = indexSearcher.searchAfter(p.startScoreDoc, query, queryFilter, searchResult.getPageSize(),sort);
}
The page size is set to 50,000.

We've noticed that during major collections, search grinds to a halt for several minutes.

What are the best JVM collector settings for Lucene searching? We're tried various options and they don't seem to make much difference.

Regards

Jamie