On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can you post an example which demonstrates the problem? It's also
> interesting how you count the facets, eg do you use a TaxonomyFacets object
> or something else?
>
> Have you looked at the facet demo code? It contains examples for using
> hierarchical facets.

Hello:

I solved the problem. My facet search code,  which is a separate program
from the index code, did not call setHierarchical . Once I called
setHierarchical in the search code the problem with null search results
disappeared. However as I said if the String array has one element in it
the code still works even if setHierarchical is not called. Might I suggest
that given its importance some sort of exception gets thrown by the search
method if setHierarchical has not been invoked.

Thank you for your time and help.

regards,

west suhanic